UPAC is a non-profit 501 (c) (3) organization that provides health and human services to under-served Asian, Pacific Islander, Latino, Middle Eastern, East African, African American and other ethnic populations of San Diego.
UPAC’s major areas of focus include:
- Mental Health for Adults, Older Adults, Children & Adolescents
Treating mental health issues, practicing innovative mental health reintegration strategies and promoting mental health wellness for all ages
- Addiction Treatment & Recovery Services for all ages
- Economic Development: Encouraging entrepreneurship through small business development and education. Home Ownership Counseling to first time home buyers and foreclosure prevention education
- Community Engagement & Business Development through UPAC’s Neighborhood Enterprise Center providing resources and revenue for UPAC program clients, ethnically diverse residents, and small business owners in City Heights. Inspiring youth through mentorship in technology, business exposure, work readiness, and community involvement. Addressing community violence through parental, child, couple and family relationship building, education, empowerment and community pride
- Cultural Competency Training & Education
- Covered California Enrollment Entity
Our programs focus on assisting our clients in meeting a wide range of needs through a personalized approach which recognizes the diverse ethnic and cultural identity of children, youth, adults and families. UPAC’s culturally competent staff members speak over 30 different languages and dialects. Guiding clients every step of the way as they confront life’s challenges, UPAC is dedicated to improving their quality of life by building trust and achieving sustainable results.
Our programs are funded by the government sector (federal, state, county and city), corporations, foundations, coordinating agencies, associations and individuals.
To the immigrant who cannot understand his doctor’s medical instructions …we are translators
To a parent who cannot afford to feed her children …we are a helping hand.
To the senior citizen unable to leave his home
…we are a connection to the world.
To the teenager drawn to gangs or illegal activities
…we are a better alternative.
To the frightened child who is being abused or neglected
…we are a guide to safety.
To the struggling entrepreneur
…we are a path to self-sufficiency.