provides outreach, mental health prevention and early intervention to home-bound seniors (60+) who are at risk of becoming depressed or have minor depression. The program uses evidence-based PEARLS (Program to Encourage Active and Rewarding Lives).
- Reduce feelings of isolation
- Increase social support and physical activities
- Reduce and/or resolve depressive symptoms
- Reduce substance abuse
- Reduce medication abuse
- Increase and maintain individual self-sufficiency
- Increase the skills to cope with life challenges
- Reduce suicide attempts
- Reduce or eliminate stigma of mental health issues and utilization of services
- Short-term care management
- Crisis Interventions
Services are available for individuals from all cultural backgrounds in the County’s Central, North Central, North Inland and North Coastal Regions.
Check out additional information here: Positive Solutions Program Oct 2015 Newsletter
Positive Solutions Contact Information:
Program Manager: Syed Imam, Ph.D.
9360 Activity Road, Suite B
San Diego, CA 92126 Phone#: (619) 238-1783
Fax#: (619) 238-1837
920 W. San Marcos, Suite #
San Marcos, CA 92078
Phone#: (760) 736-8373
Fax#: (760) 736-8815