2020 is a Census year and we’ve teamed up with Asian Americans Advancing Justice- Los Angeles, Count Me 2020, and 100+ local community organizations to ensure a complete and accurate count in our area! Completing the Census is extremely important. Data will be used to distribute $800+ billion annually in federal programs including health, education and housing.
Originally, we had planned to host three Questionnaire Assistance Centers to encourage and assist community members with completion of their Census. Due to the stay-at-home orders, we’ve modified our outreach efforts and are providing Census information at our Emergency Food Distributions each Friday. Learn more about CARE Box distribution efforts in a feature story from KUSI News.
Interested in signing up for a CARE Box? Please call our ACE Line at 619-500-1128 and follow the prompts. *We are currently at a 2 week+ waitlist. Please be patient as we are working hard to serve as many families as possible.
Complete the Census at 2020Census.gov!
Need Assistance with the Census? Call us at 760-233-1984 (English, Spanish, Tagalog) or 619-206-6661 (English, Iraqi, Chaldean). Even though we can’t see you in person, we can still provide help in a number of languages via phone.
- Read our Op-Ed in the Union Tribune about reaching AANHPI Populations with the 2020 Census: https://bit.ly/2LGQIY6
- Watch UPAC Census Staff, Gayle Hom, discuss the importance of the Census on KUSI News: https://bit.ly/3cG2Zry
- Read the recent Count Us 2020 Press Release with an interview from UPAC EMASS Manager Velia Gitari.
- Watch a short video that provides a step by step guide on filling out the Census online: English, Cantonese/廣東話 , Cantonese(Simplified)/广东话 , Farsi/ ﻓﺎرﺳﯽ , Hindi/हंद , Japanese/日本語, Korean/한국어, Mandarin/普通話 (Traditional Chinese), Somali/Soomaali , Spanish/Español, Thai/ไทย, Vietnamese/Tiếng Việt
- Burmese/ျမန္မာဘာသာ |Gujarati/ગુજરાતી | Hmong/Hmoob | Ilocano/Ilokano | Indonesian/Bahasa Indonesia | Khmer/ខ្មែរ | Lao/ພາສາລາວ | Malayalam/മലയാളം | Marathi/मराठी | Nepali/नेपाली | Punjabi/ਪੰਜਾਬੀ | Sinhala/සිංහල | Tamil/தமிழ் | Telugu/తెలుగు | Urdu/اردو
- Read the Epoch Times Article, regarding Census 2020 participation (Chinese)
- Listen on Apple Podcasts to Follow the Money from Count on Your Census
Photo Gallery–Check out what we’ve been doing in the community:
For more information or to get involved:
Gayle Hom, UPAC Census 2020 Project