August 2017 Residential Messaging from SDG&E®
Article 1: You may qualify for a discount on your SDG&E bill
SDG&E offers several Assistance Programs to help lower your monthly bill while making your home more comfortable. Read more to determine if you qualify:
- CARE: With the California Alternate Rates for Energy (CARE) Program, you can save every month on your bill. Eligibility is based on current household income or participation in certain public assistance programs and the number of people living in your home. To apply call 211 or connect at com/care.
- Medical Baseline: The Medical Baseline Allowance Program has helped over 30,000 people – who have a qualifying medical need or medical device – to lower their energy costs. Contact us if someone in your household has:
- A compromised immune system or life-threatening illness
- Any condition where additional heating and air conditioning is medically necessary to sustain a person’s life
- One of the qualifying devices listed on the application
Household income is not a factor for qualifying, but a doctor’s certification on the application is required. To apply call 1-800-411-7343 or connect at sdge.com/medicalbaseline.
- Energy Savings Assistance (ESA) Program: We’ll provide free energy-saving improvements to your apartment, condo, house or mobile home. You may receive free lighting, furnace repair, weather-stripping, attic insulation and select free appliances such as a refrigerator. Call 1-866-597-0597 or connect at com/esap to find out if you qualify. Renters need permission from their landlords to receive these free services.
Article 2: Getting your energy-saving products and rebates just got easier
Looking for an easy way to shop for energy-efficient products and even get some cash back from your new purchase? With our enhanced SDG&E Marketplace, shopping and finding rebates is easier than ever. You can now:
- Create a private and secure profile, and save your product searches
- Receive price-change alerts for your favorite products
- Apply for rebates with an easier online process
Along with these new features, SDG&E Marketplace is still the place to comparison shop and find the best price from recognized retailers, as well as explore a variety of other helpful items like appliance estimated energy savings and popularity ratings for your favorite products. We’ve also added new merchandise and product categories.
SDG&E Marketplace continues to be your one-stop-shop for energy-saving items for your home. Visit marketplace.sdge.com today.
Article 3: Want a smart thermostat? Don’t miss this offer.
You can earn up to $125 when you purchase and install an eligible smart thermostat and sign up for Reduce Your Use Thermostat.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Purchase and install an approved smart thermostat
- Upload your purchase receipt to SDG&E’s online Marketplace, and receive a $50 rebate
- Enroll in Reduce Your Use Thermostat, and receive an additional $50 – $75
Visit SDG&E’s Marketplace to find a selection of eligible smart thermostats. You can compare prices, purchase directly from a variety of local retailers and have your device shipped directly to you. Learn more at sdge.com/smarttherm.
Below message by: Sandra Knickerbocker
“UPAC Rocks began with the sole purpose of spreading joy, kindness, and a sense of community through creativity and was inspired by the Santee Rocks Facebook Group. The idea is to decorate rocks with paint, chalk, or markers and to hide them in various locations to brighten someone’s day. For longevity, rocks should be covered with a sealer. If you find a painted rock that you can’t bear to part with, please keep it, but replace it with one of your own creations. This is a kindness project, and kindness has no boundaries!
1. Please feel free to take your rock to another town, state or country to hide and share.
2. Do not decorate rocks with glue-on accessories. These will eventually fall off and become litter and a hazard to wildlife.
3. Be sensitive to the environment and do not remove rocks from or hunt in protected habitats, and please follow all rules of the parks and trails you visit.
4. Avoid hiding in large chain stores, and be respectful of small businesses and private property.
5. Don’t hide in grass where lawn mowers roam or in other hazardous locations.
6. Keep all posts kind, and free of rants and drama, political opinions, foul language, or business advertising and all pictures family-friendly. Members who violate these standards will be deleted.
7. Above all, use common sense and remember our mission. We want to spread happiness in our community, and in no way wish to be a nuisance, distraction, or hazard.
“Rocks reflect the opinions and attitudes of the individual artists, and not those of the administration or UPAC organization. UPAC cannot be held responsible for the actions of individual group members.”
This is meant to be fun for all ages and abilities, so get creative and get outside! Thank you for being such an important part of this community. Peace, love and joy!
Thank you again for attending UPAC’s 43rd Annual Leadership Awards Dinner on Tuesday, May 16th, themed “Leaders Whose Innovations and Heroism Inspire & Redefine our Future”.
Please take a look at our amazing event pictures including our interactive photo booth for guests, click below on this link:
(Password is “UPAC”)
Make this a cool summer with a new smart thermostat
Purchase an approved smart thermostat and enroll in SDG&E’s Reduce Your UseSM Rewards – and you’ll receive a $50 Visa® gift card. Plus, you can earn another $25 for each summer you participate in the Rewards program. Visit sdge.com/byot to find out if you qualify.
You can find and purchase a selection of eligible smart thermostats by visiting the SDG&E Marketplace. With this online tool, customers can compare prices, estimated energy savings, product features and popularity ratings across thousands of home appliances and electronics. Some of the products qualify for online rebates, and SDG&E Marketplace makes the rebate application process easier than ever. For more information, visit marketplace.sdge.com.
Trying to beat the heat?
Cool Zones are places where senior citizens and people with special needs can comfortably escape mid-day summer heat and reduce their air-conditioning use, which helps save on energy costs.
Cool Zones are established by the County of San Diego Aging and Independence Services (AIS) and this year are open to the public from May 4 to October 31, 2017. There are currently more than 100 Cool Zones that provide service to some of the hottest areas in the San Diego region. They are located in senior centers and other public buildings.
Find your nearest Cool Zone at sdge.com/czonesites or call the County of San Diego at 800.510.2020 and press 6.
Comfort you can count on
Is your heating and A/C system getting quality care? Pay only $50 to receive a System Assessment and Improvement ($300 value) visit. You have two options for payment. When the contractor comes to your home, you can either:
- Pay $50 to the contractor and they will receive $250 SDG&E rebate check
- Pay $300 to the contractor and you will be sent the $250 SDG&E rebate check
A qualifying contractor will thoroughly inspect your system and equipment, change the air filter, and clean the condenser coil. You will receive a detailed report showing any additional maintenance or repairs you may need – along with more rebates to offset the costs. Find out if you qualify by calling A/C Quality Care at 800.289.2440 or visiting www.acqualitycare.com
-Message from SDG&E, Residential Energy in June
WHEN: Thursday, June 8th from 1:00pm – 2:00pm MST
AT&T is hosting a Virtual Retail Information Career Session for the Southwest market. We have part-time Retail careers available. Bilingual English/Mandarin and English/Spanish speakers a plus. Please help us by distributing this email to members, students, other community organizations – anyone you think would be interested. We graciously thank you for your support!
Join us for our Southwest AT&T Retail Virtual Information Session
Find out what it’s like to work in an industry that’s not about to slow down- with a company that has a legacy of successful innovation and be considered for one of our limited Retail Sales Career Opportunities. AT&T offers paid training, competitive wages, benefits, 401k, paid vacation, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, and so much more!
You MUST first apply online in order to participate in the event. Please go to: (http://work.att.jobs/RetailVirtualCareerInformationSession)
Register at (https://www.eventbrite.com/e/att-virtual-information-session-tickets-34440481407)
Best of luck!
Amazon donates .05% of your purchase price back to UPAC….all you have to do to help is log-in with the link below and begin shopping- please share this link with all of your family and friends!
Thank you for your help to support UPAC’s mission… We greatly appreciate your friendship!
This year, on Tuesday, December 1, 2015, we are taking part in a campaign that we hope will make history. We are celebrating a day dedicated to giving where charities, families and businesses will all come together for #GivingTuesday.
As the festive holiday season soon gets underway, we want to share the simple idea behind #GivingTuesday is to encourage people and businesses to help out a good cause. Whether it’s making a donation, volunteering your time or just spreading the word, #GivingTuesday is a call to action for everyone who wants to give something back.
We are planning to be part of this celebrations and we need your help to spread the word about why giving back to UPAC makes a difference.
Mark your calendars!